Santa Fe College must comply with all of the rules, regulations, and requirements applicable to grant funds. Depending on the grant, the primary sources of these guidelines include, but are not limited to:
- Legislation that governs the grant program (federal and state statutes);
- The U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) 2 C.F.R. Part 200, Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards:
- The OMB Uniform Grants Guidance (UGG)) sets out general administrative standards and required processes that the College must follow including, but not limited to accounting standards, time and effort reporting, facilities and administrative costs, and allowable costs and unallowable costs. Many federal agencies have implemented their version of this through general administrative regulations.
- The College is also subject to the OMB Compliance Supplement;
- If an agency has promulgated its regulations, such as the U.S. Department of Education’s Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR), those regulations will also apply;
- Grant documents, such as the Request for Proposal (RFP), grant application, proposal, grant award notice, and grant agreements and contracts; and
- Santa Fe College Rules and Procedures, including this Sponsored Projects Handbook.
i. The Constitution / Federal Law / Statute (Overrules Everything)
ii. OMB Admin. Requirements (2 CFR Part 200 OMB Memos)
iii. Grant Award Agreement (Additional Program Guidance)
iv. Local Policies and Procedures (Your Local Policies and Procedures)